Some health plans may require genetic counseling for select tests.
If you are a provider that provides genetic counseling to patients covered by the genetic testing program, please make sure to register in OptiNet to ensure you are included in this list. While registration only takes a few minutes, please allow up to 24 hours for data processing.
Details required for registration:
- Name and contact information for practice manager/facility administrator
- Type of counseling (face-to-face, telephone or video conferencing)
- Hours of operations
Genetic counseling providers
Please provide the following for each genetic counseling provider in your practice:
- Board certification(s), including expiration date(s)
- State License(s), including expiration dates(s)
- Physicians who provide genetic counseling services may also register in OptiNet; although if they are not boarded by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) or the American Board of Genetic Counseling, Inc., (ABGC), they may be asked to detail their relevant training and experience
Program designs vary by health plan. We encourage you to review the FAQs for each patient’s plan on the Resources page.